People Search with WieOWie
Wieowie is a dutch people search service. Searching is done by supplying the first name and last name.
A search for a person leads to results in several categories:
- facts (10) - these seem to be sentence, which start with ‘Arnaud Leene is’.
- tags (106) - not really a tag-cloud with frequency indication. Results are a bit strange;
- email-addresses (9) - none is valid anymore and several are incorrect;
- phone numbers (3) - two out three correct, although one is no longer valid;
- pictures (20) - 4 out of 20 are of me, the other guys and girls I do not know;
- blogs (125) - is OK, but none is by me;
- Google (2050) - seem to be a good list and shows at least my stuff;
- Yahoo (577) - seems to be a good list;
- Documents (0) - they are really there!
- Hyves (0), Facebook (0), Netlog (0), Xing (0) - it is correct that I am not active on these services, but at least my profile should be found;
- Schoolbank (1) - correct;
- LinkedIn (1) - correct (I should change my location there!);
- YouTube (0) - there really is a video by me there;
The user can create an account on wieowie. This allows him to specify a social network like information profile. And this is shown in addition to the public search results. One can also add profile pages, which one might have on some social network sites. They could add more here, now it only supports linkin, schoolbank and hyves. There does not seem to any integration between search and profile. Seems a missed chance.
Also in this service there is no way to remove ambiguity for persons with a non-unique name.